News and notes from around the interweb:
- Blogger and Milepoint co-founder joins Boarding Area and introduces himself. Please check out his site and give him a warm welcome!
- Uber is launching a loyalty program #UberLoyalty. It’s only in Phoenix so far, but could serve as an interesting test to roll out more broadly. They’ll reward the top 500 riders each month in that city with uber credits, hotel stays, and other benefits.
- Up to 50% bonus on purchased Amtrak points through June 30.
- Alitalia is offering a 30% bonus and 20% discount on purchased miles.
- Best Western Free Night After Three Stays from May 19 through September 1. Must register before your stay and no later than August 10. Bonus can only be earned once and used by January 31 at Best Western properties in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean.
- German funeral home sold dead peoples passports
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!
Hmm, not seeing any bonus on purchasing Amtrak points. I logged into two different accounts on two different browsers. Prices seem the same as always and there is no notation about a bonus on the Amtrak site. Is this targeted? Anyplace where I can get further info?
This may not be on too many people’s radars (or might be targeted to Gold members), but La Quinta just sent me a promo offering 8000 points for a 2-night stay until June 30. It looks to be a one-time bonus, but is enough for a free night (or close to it) at many of their properties.