News and notes from around the interweb:
- Loyalty Traveler remembers the LatinPass million mile bonus. That’s one of the 11 Greatest Miles and Points Deals Ever.
- Should consumers have protection from the airlines in the event of mistake fares? The case of the $2908 Frontier Airlines fare.
- Skift mentions my award booking service in a piece making the point about how complicated programs leave members needing help.
- Man calls in bomb threat so his girlfriend wouldn’t miss her flight
- Anthony Bourdain’s New York hawker stall project may get (rather uninspired) competition from Danny Meyer.
- Thai Airways is getting a bailout directly from the government and now they’re getting one indirectly, in the form of protection from competition, as the government backs away from Open Skies under the guise of real questions about air traffic safety in the region. Just like the airline’s move away from metal flatware last year was about safety, too.