News and notes from around the interweb:
- Singapore baggage handler jailed for purposely switching tags on hundreds of pieces of luggage it was his personal protest, he says, for being overworked.
- 5000 free Hilton points for raising your hand for a timeshare pitch.
- With United pushing CLEAR too, now, is it any faster than PreCheck? American Airlines blocks CLEAR from terminals they control out of spite but their point that it isn’t a long-term solution is still well-taken.
View this post on Instagram
You can see the little blue dot of a @clear sign off in the distance. The Clear line was at least twice as long as PreCheck. This has to be a by-product of the @united deal with Clear. #travelwriter #travel #instatravel #travelgram #tourism #instago #travelblogger #wanderlust #instatraveling #instapassport #businesstravel #airport
- Arguing against taxes, United Airlines says “Any proposals to increase costs of air travel will reduce demand and ultimately have a negative effect on travel, trade, commerce and tourism.” However airline President Scott Kirby also says demand for air travel is inelastic and that airfares should be twice as high as they are today. Go figure.
- Dubai restaurants and hotels will be required to start offering free tap water next year.