News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m giving away a Ritz-Carlton stay. There are surprisingly few entries so far, check it out.
- Annoyed at United now charging you more miles for awards if you try to specify your routing or try to piece together available flights that their broken IT system doesn’t find on its own? Use United’s broken IT system to your advantage with possible workarounds.
- here’s why a Singapore Airlines Melbourne – Singapore flight continued on its way after a reported possible tail strike during takeoff, seems like they did everything right.
- Meanwhile why did an Asiana Los Angeles – Seoul flight return to Los Angeles — instead of closer airports — when a fire was indicated in the cargo hold? It does seem an odd choice not to want to get on the ground right away but Asiana says they were sure there was no issue.
- Emirates will launch Fort Lauderdale service December 15 thanks to partner JetBlue’s feed there.
- Interview with the CEO of La Compagnie. Despite pulling out of the New York – London market he seems to think that New York to presumably Rome and Milan, an additional city in France, Frankfurt and even Madrid makes sense for an all business class product with angled seats.
- Trump Hotel Chicago guest requests framed photo of Hillary Clinton by his bedside
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.