There’s a fantastic business class fare between Los Angeles and several cities in China on China Southern. Deals start as low as $1534 roundtrip, and involve a connection.
Most websites will price this Los Angeles – Shanghai itinerary at $1799.
However searching Skyscanner.com it appears that hop2.com will give you pricing as low as $1534 for some flights.
There are several places to consider crediting miles from these flights. China Southern is part-owned by American Airlines and they have a mileage earning and burning partnership but Cina Southern flights don’t yet count towards AAdvantage status.
Key details of fare basis IXPTUC:
- Outbound travel permitted Monday – Thursday
- Must depart by October 4, or between October 16 – December 13, or December 25 – December 31
- 3 month maximum stay
- Return travel not permitted September 27 – October 1 or January 1 – January 23
- Must ticket by September 9 (though the fare may not last that long)
- $100 fee to change or refund
According to Premium-flights.com there are similar deals available to Beijing, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Jinan, and Zhengzhou as well.