News and notes from around the interweb:
- Man illegally flies into Atlanta airport, successfully eludes officers for hours
Federal officials from U.S. Customs and Border Protection are trying to figure out how a detainee escaped from the world’s busiest airport, and somehow ended up in downtown Atlanta.
…On Saturday, [a passenger] flew into Atlanta and attempted to enter the country. However, he was denied entry and detained. In the midst of being returned to his native country, he escaped. ….”The individual was able to effect his escape through the air vent and simply kind of walk away from the INS holding cell,” Atlanta City Councilman Michael Julian Bond told FOX 5. Law enforcement sources told FOX 5 the man then jumped on MARTA and headed toward the Greyhound bus station downtown, all without being detected.
- Inside the new United Airlines A321neo
- Behind the scenes of becoming an air marshal (WaPo)
- I did not realize that Virgin Atlantic offers pre-order meal options but only within seven days of travel. This gets you more and different choices than what’s offered on board so it isn’t just pre-selecting meals that are on the menu anyway.
In my case, on a flight from London Heathrow to Male in the Maldives (my coverage of that trip will appear next week) I had a choice of ten different main courses. This is a huge increase from the usual three offered on board.
…Anyone flying in Upper Class, Premium or Economy Delight can pre-order their meal in advance. It is available between seven days and 24 hours in advance. Virgin Atlantic makes it clear that the service is available on all flights departing from London Heathrow as well as all inbound flights returning to London from the US and Caribbean.
- Grand Junction, Colorado is buying a hotel not for the homeless, but to create apartments for people earning $40,000. They don’t know how it will be managed.
- Qantas Bans Passengers From Taking Photos or Videos of Flight Attendants and Seatmates Without Consent
- Struggling Spirit Airlines to shed employees through voluntary program Some are already cleaning out their desks.
Never forget Rahul Ligma and Daniel Johnson! pic.twitter.com/zqEkg1NrMs
— DocVortex (@DoctVortex) November 18, 2023