News and notes from around the interweb:
- Amazon’s Fire Phone Failure
- Vanilla gift cards, including OneVanilla, can no longer be used effectively at Walmart. A good reminder to limit your risk. So What’s next?
- Why you should pick a low hotel floor, keep your phone ready to voice record, and buy your upgrades onboard. Contra the article, British Airways used to offer onboard paid upgrades and is rumored to be bringing it back (and if they do I would expect the same from joint business venture partner American).
- British Airways is cutting legroom in intra-European business class to offer no more than coach. It’s also already just a blocked middle seat for width. (HT: The Tactical Traveler)
BA has told me in the past they lose money on their intra-European business class service, but need to offer it in order to selling connecting premium cabin tickets to and from other European destinations. Which tells me they’re just allocation costs wrong…
- 40% Off Accor Hotels sale.
- How Secret Partners Expand NSA Surveillance Dragnet and NSA Turned Germany Into its Largest Listening Post in Europe. (HT: Bruce Schneier)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!