New and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Koryo relaunched Pyongyang – Macau service twice weekly with an Antonov An148-100 aircraft.
- Last month I wrote that American has a new automated tool to prevent agents from giving customers backup flights in their reservation when their travel goes sideways. Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey members are not affected by this tool, underscoring that it isn’t really a benefit to customers as the airline claims.
Here’s how the tool works:
this apparently address that: pic.twitter.com/u61gBcFSEQ
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) October 2, 2019
- Another tourist gets scammed by a restaurant in Rome and the proprietor is no better than the folks who pull Chinese tea ceremony scams.
- American Express employee reportedly accessed customer accounts in identity theft scheme
- Holly Hegeman is a long time close follower of American Airlines who used to work for Bob Crandall.
— Edward Russell (@e_russell) October 2, 2019
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles hotel conversion bonus
- Maintenance costs of Airbus A319s and Boeing 737-700s are rising