New and notes from around the interweb:
- Unexpected cracking found on some older Boeing 737NG aircraft. This affects -700, -800, and -900 aircraft. It was found in planes with over 36,000 cycles.
The cracking was found in the plane’s pickle forks, which attach the plane’s body to its wing structure, CNN affiliate KOMO reported.
Pickle forks are designed to last more than 90,000 landings and takeoffs without cracking, the affiliate said , and there could be dire results if the system fails, it said.
In a statement, Boeing said the “cracking issue” was found on a small number of airplanes.
- Credit card issuer cost cutting continues. An interesting play out of India: Citibank stops giving rewards on certain types of spending such as Uber, utilities, school payments, and some insurance.
- DBS Bank of Singapore recommends buying mileage from brokers. That’s a very bad idea, and one I think Singapore Airlines will be taking issue with.
- Uber’s cuts and refocusing even includes weaker coffee in the offices but if they’re shifting away from growth mode and moonshots how can they even be worth their current market cap?
- I don’t worry about employees stealing my credit card details anymore, and not just because of zero fraud liability. All our data is compromised in hacks, 100 million records at a time. So what’s the value in shredding our mail, even? Nonetheless a reminder that fraud still happens the old fashioned way too.
- With all the trouble and expense American has gone to replacing new uniforms with even newer once, after thousands of crewmembers reported adverse health reactions to the last ones, is it too much to wish they’d have engaged the services of a top name designer?
These are alright I guess, but there was an opportunity to do more than good enough. After all five years ago they talked about “going for great” (they don’t any longer, alas).View this post on Instagram
Uniform update::: (scroll 2 frames) ordering of the new @landsend uniform begins on Oct 23 … everyone must have their orders complete by December 9. Also field testers will be wearing phase II garments and signature pieces so we are able to see and feel them before voting on a dress. Do we see a red dress in our future??? (FYI, I will delete a comment if it is rude or hurtful). But I know most of you are nice as apple pie so… 🍎😉😘 . . I’ll try to post the link to this article in my story if I can figure out how to do it 😂