News and Minor Notes:
- Via Notiflyer, Delta’s mileage portal is offering 250 bonus points for every $250 spent through August 25 up to $2500 and 2500 points.
- You can earn 100 Club Carlson points per day through September 24 by viewing their ‘vacation look book’. This also earns you entries in their drawing for hotel nights, airline tickets, and cash.
- MilesQuest passes on the story of shoplifters who would take cheap toys in big boxes at Toys ‘r Us, replace the contents with expensive toys, and check out paying the less expensive price. The more expensive toys were sold on eBay. How were they caught? They credited all the purchases to the Toys ‘r Us loyalty program.
- The Air France/KLM Flying Blue program is displaying its 50% off promo awards for September/October travel. For US-Europe though there’s not any business class offerings displaying currently. Since the program adds fuel surcharges to transatlantic awards, redemptions only make sense in premium cabins — for coach, for instance, you wind up paying most of the cost of a paid ticket even though you’re spending miles.
- Travel By Points explains how to use Wyndham’s new promotion to buy airline miles at less than a penny apiece.