News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- Doing well by doing good: generating spending and miles and points by making Kiva micro-loans (that should eventually get repaid). There’s an entire forum dedicated to discussing Kiva on Milepoint.
- Free points for taking various surveys
- Hotel advice (repost):
- UberX is free in DC through Friday
- I didn’t have the chance to make it to the grand opening yesterday of the new American Express lounge at Dallas Fort-Worth airport, but Mommy Points snapped a few photos.
- Lufthansa now operates fifteen lounges at the Frankfurt airport and the airport itself is home to more than two dozen.
- Iranian airline Mehan Air is operating second-hand Lufthansa planes. Even they don’t call the ‘old’ Lufthansa first class product first, preferring BusinessPlus instead. I found the padding on these seats uncomfortable three years ago. Time to speed up the rest of the fleet conversion, Lufthansa!
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!
Gary, thanks for sharing my post about the Centurion Lounge! Just FYI, if anyone is interested in that lounge, I launched a much more comprehensive post after that short preview one that you linked to.
Worth the visit if you are in DFW!
Don’t forget about 100-200 FREE Hertz points too!