News and notes from around the interweb:
- Credit card scam ran aground at Wendy’s one of the greatest mileage deals ever though was dumpster diving at Wendy’s.
- Electric toothbrush causes Florida airport to evacuate
- Child self-destructs over United Airlines first class snack box
- British Airways parent will still buy Air Europa but for half the money and they’ll pay in 2026.
- Frontier is going to fly a lot of routes against major carriers, with really low costs
Copyright: zhukovsky / 123RF Stock Photo
- United won’t bring the 737 MAX back into service until February 11.
— Edward Russell (@ByERussell) December 18, 2020
- Two things I realize I’ve missed about travel this year that I hadn’t really realized.
- The ladies at the American Airlines Admirals Club in Austin. They always greet me by name as I come in, offer a pleasantry, ask me about my daughter. I don’t miss how often they’d have to help resurrect an itinerary, but I do miss watching them work miracles.
- The soda machines in Admirals Clubs. There’s a sense of freedom in that much choice.