News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta.com is showing China Eastern long haul first class award space(when first is available but business is not) but the real question is whether it’ll ticket.
- Changes to the Korean Air Visa
- India’s Jet Airways is in crisis short on cash, and has shelved a plan to cut salaries 25%. To spin out a story of what could happen here, the airline is run by a former Delta executive and they’ve severed ties with American in favor of Delta. Is there a possibility of diluting Etihad’s 24% ownership stake with Delta investing on the cheap?
- Korean Air is launching Boston – Seoul Boeing 787-9 service effective April 12.
- Mainland Chinese passenger is accusing Delta flight attendant (he believes to be Taiwanese) of discrimination suggesting a flight attendant wouldn’t give him a snack on a Shanghai – Atlanta flight because he’s Chinese. Though he offers video it doesn’t seem to support his case. Let’s hope the Chinese government doesn’t require Delta to have the flight attendant waterboarded as another condition of Shanghai service.
- Aer Lingus may add Pittsburgh and Montreal service
- How feng shui shaped Hong Kong’s skyline. And a dissenting view.