News notes from around the interweb:
- Here’s what usually happens when a pilot retires. On the other hand a Delta pilot retired and his last trip was sprayed with foam instead of water by mistake.
- The IHG Rewards Club 4x bonus has been extended.
- Cabo Verde Airlines now flies to Washington Dulles
The route will operate three times a week, on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays departing from Sal Island and on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays from Washington, D. C.
All flights will connect to Sal Island, Cabo Verde Airlines’ international hub from where it will be possible to connect to the airline’s destinations in Cabo Verde, Brazil (Fortaleza, Recife and Salvador), Senegal (Dakar), Nigeria (Lagos), and Europe (Lisbon, Paris , Milan and Rome).
- Lufthansa lost a cat at Washington Dulles in October. It’s been found.
- No this won’t actually help you hook up with a flight attendant.
- A Muslim woman didn’t like the seat she wound up with on Southwest Airlines so as boarding closed she asked other passengers to change, so she could sit closer to family. A flight attendant saw this as disruptive and her husband, who works for Qatar’s Al Jazeera, says it’s bias though she wound up taking the flight and getting the seat she wanted.
The flight attendant called ground staff onto the plane, complained about the Muslim woman – my wife! – to them, & escalated rather than de-escalated the situation – simply because my wife politely asked a guy if he'd give up his seat for our family (which he was fine with!).
— Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan) December 2, 2019