News and notes from around the interweb:
- The ship searching for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 itself disappeared for several days (HT: Jeff W)
- Inside Airbnb’s battle to stay private
- Maldives state of emergency is proxy fight between India and China
- Qatar Airways will no longer provided increased baggage allowance or lounge access to Privilege Club members who upgrade. That’s nuts.
Al Safwa Lounge, Doha
- IHG Rewards Club usually doesn’t have great customer service, but this time when they went to cancel a mistake award booking (a Presidential suite for the cost of a base room) they really came through with compensation.
- Etihad is phasing out their Boeing 777-200LRs. They’ve eliminated San Francisco service, reduced frequency in Los Angeles, and are ending their Dallas flight. They’ve also terminated Sao Paulo. So they don’t need as many long range aircraft. They’ve already unloaded their Airbus A340s.
- Silvercar is opening a Tampa location later this month
- Wow Air has been selling food on board its flights departing Tel Aviv that claims to be prepared under kosher supervision — but it turns out not to be true. Oops.