News and notes from around the interweb:
- Avianca’s Lifemiles is offering a 25% bonus when you convert points from several other programs into their miles, but it’s not a deal worth pursuing.
- Amtrak eliminates complimentary amenity kits, free wine in the dining car and pillows in coach.
- Five questions to ask at hotel check-in. I never want a connecting room due to sound issues.
- Here’s a success story about paying a mortgage with Evolve Money and gift cards that earned miles.
- I’m not the only one who doesn’t like feet on the bulkhead.