News notes from around the interweb:
- Security breach of Lufthansa Miles & More accounts (use Google translate)
- Two years ago Avios lost its CEO to Etihad. Last month they lost their CFO. Now the latest CEO is going to American Express.
- Plaza Premium Lounge, the independent airport lounge chain that’s heavy in Asia, has updated their loyalty program. Priority Pass gives access to most of their lounges. Amex Platinum does also. And some airlines use the lounges for business class passengers. Each swipe earns points that can be redeemed for free lounge visits or merchandise.
Plaza Premium Lounge, Male
- Etihad picked up Heathrow slots from Jet Airways, and lent them out to Air Serbia to use but will be taking them back. It’s unclear whether Etihad will use the six weekly slots or lease or sell them to another carrier.
- Iran’s Mahan Air is dropping once-weekly Rome service and Iran Air has proposed launching Rome twice weekly with an Airbus A310.