News and notes from around the interweb:
- Etihad is excited about Lucky’s kickstarter project.
- Silvercar, which makes it possible to make money on your first rental of an Audi, is opening a location in Phoenix.
- Uber is now offering UBERFAMILY… UberX with car seats in New York. Meanwhile data suggests DUI rates decline when Uber enters a city. Not surprising – convenient and reasonably priced on-demand transportation reduces incidences of drunk driving.
- Virgin America jumped the gun a bit on selling tickets from Dallas’ Love Field but it appears they’ve managed to secure gates there, after all.
- Generating free credit card spending through beer.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!
So basically Ben’s review is completely tarnished now since they will be kissing his a** every step along the way. But, I suppose it is still OK to ask for a handout to fund his “unbiased, independent” review.
Close of business Friday, and still no decision on the Love gates.
UPDATE: Dallas city manager says there’s no decision yet on the two Dallas Love Field gates
UPDATE, 7 p.m. Friday: Dallas City Manager A.C. Gonzalez told the City Council and then the news media that he’s made no decision on the two gates at Dallas Love Field.
In a memo to the council, Gonzalez stated:
“In consultation with the City Attorney, I continue to review and consider all the relevant information regarding the Love Field gate leases including those issues raised by the City Council on Wednesday. At this time, I have not made a decision. As soon as more information is available, I will provide an update. A statement to this effect will be provided to the media shortly.”
And that statement to the news media was:
“The City Manager in consultation with the City Attorney continues to review and consider all the relevant information regarding the Love Field gate leases. At this time, a decision has not been made and we will provide an update as soon as more information is available.”