The major chains have all come out with promotions in recent weeks:
- Hyatt: Triple miles on 8 airlines starting with your second stay
- Hilton: Double Points or Double Miles
- Starwood: Double and Triple Points
- IHG Rewards Club: Up to 15,000 Points
Now Marriott has one as well: Marriott Rewards Getaway Bonus
Marriott has several targeted versions of the offer, with most people getting the version that I received, double points after your second paid stay, up to 25,000 bonus points.
Other offers include:
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 10,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, up to 35,000 bonus points.
- Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 10,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights, up to 45,000 bonus points.
Regardless of the specifics, earning is from June 1 through August 31 and registration is required by July 31.
There’s no real reason not to register. But like other chain promotions there’s also not a strong reason to choose your hotel based on the power of these offers.