News and notes from around the interweb:
- Barclays Emirates card bonuses have increased to 50,000 and 60,000 points. The cards pair well for those who are looking to earn elite status, and the initial bonus is nice, bear in mind that Chase, Amex, and Capital One points all transfer to Emirates.
- American, united, and Alaska shopping portals all offering 500 bonus miles after $150 spend
- Anchorage airport wants to be a hub for travel between Europe and Asia (HT: @zero_coupon)
- Marriott doubling its portfolio of all-inclusive hotels
- Alaska Airlines is ‘thankful’ it offers an inferior first class seat on cross country flights there aren’t many business travelers paying the premium for the extra space consumed by lie flat.
- Delta is setting up vaccine clinics for employees so far just in Atlanta and restricted to those eligible under Georgia guidelines, but expanding to some other hubs.
- The electric vehicle charging problem.