I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card cardmembers get $15 in the form of a statement credit if you sign up for Visa Checkout or use your current Visa checkout account to pay a participating merchants with your card by September 30. (Via Maximizing Money)
- More people have died from selfies than shark attacks so far in 2015
- I didn’t even know this existed.
- It’s time to register for Starwood’s end of year promotion “SPG Stay for More”
- Silvercar is coming to Manhattan starting in October. No airport locations in the New York area yet, though.
- Air India is planning to launch the world’s longest flight: Bengaluru – San Francisco, which will top Qantas Dallas – Sydney and the anticipated Emirates Dubai – Panama City.
- Looking forward to this Sunday’s (9pm Eastern on CNN) Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown where he visits Cuba.