I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Online bill payment service Plastiq, which lets you pay bills with a credit card and they mail a check so you earn points is running a promotion where they’ll rebate a portion of their fee if you schedule 3 or more mortgage payments using a MasterCard (by checking the box next to recurring when setting up the payment). You need to set up your first of three payments by December 31, 2017.
- When customers don’t pay extra for seat assignments on Ryanair they aren’t really assigned randomly unless random means ‘middle seats’
Copyright: trevorbenbrook / 123RF Stock Photo
- Making sure you squeeze every free thing on offer during your hotel stay
- Subsidies for me but not for thee. Indiana appropriated $5 million, and Delta will fly Indianapolis – Paris. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Hotel rents goldfish to lonely solo travelers
- Undercover investigation: dirty 5 star name brand hotels in China
- How the Rat Pack brought scandal to the Las Vegas Sands Hotel
- Lam Zhou Homemade Noodle will re-open at 40 Bowery, south of Canal Street (HT: Jeremy R)
- Finally, passed along without comment:
On my flight. Pure awesome. pic.twitter.com/2eLCkw4hX1
— Bert Weiss (@BertShowBert) September 7, 2017