Get Instant Top Tier Hotel Status with Le Club Accorhotels
The Points Traveler offers two links for Accor instant Platinum status: here and here.
I wrote about two offers for Accor instant platinum status and there are mixed reports on success. Between these four offers though many readers will find themselves with a top tier status upgrade.
You must open a new account, it cannot be applied to existing accounts. And when you do so you must use an email address that’s not currently on file with them.
Even if you don’t frequently stay at Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Mercure, and other related properties frequently, you never know when you might find yourself in one and having top tier status can’t hurt.
Platinum status usually requires 60 nights or 25,000 points earned. It offers double points and subject to availability and on request 4pm late checkout and an upgrade.
Now, this status is far from the most rewarding, set your expectations accordingly. Earlier this year at the Sofitel London Heathrow, Platinum status meant an upgrade to a king bed.
Big Discounts Available on Accor Hotel Properties
This status is “better than a hole in the head” as my grandfather used to say. And it’s the perfect time to have this status since it can be paired with some pretty good discounts.
Accor is offering its “private sale” of up to 40% off for bookings made by August 29th.
The actual discount, and the travel dates the discount is valid for, vary wildly by region and even by hotel. For instance, in the US,
- “Save up to 40% off a minimum 4 night stay with Novotel in Canada from September 1st – April 30th.”
- “Save up to 30% off a minimum 5 night stay at the Novotel New York Times Square from September 1st – December 29th.”
- “Save up to 30% off at the Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, Sofitel Philadelphia, Sofitel Washington DC Lafyette Square, Sofitel Chicago Water Tower, Sofitel Minneapolis and the Sofitel San Francisco Bay from December 15th – March 31st.”
- “Save up to 30% off the Sofitel Miami with a minimum 2 night stay from December 15th – March 31st.”
- “Save up to 30% off the Sofitel New York with a minimum 4 night stay from December 15th – March 31st.”
These rates are prepaid, non-cancellable.
Get a Rebate for Your Booking, Too.
In addition to saving 30% or more on the room rate, TopCashBack is currently offering 8% rebates on Accor hotels bookings. Start out at TopCashBack, your mileage may vary as to whether the offers will be stackable (whether your cash back will report). But it makes sense to try, as there’s no reason to leave money on the table.