News and notes from around the interweb:
- A British Airways filing says Avios don’t expire leading to speculation that they’ll drop expiration of points after 36 months of inactivity, given that Virgin did this in the fall.
- The re-nationalized Alitalia will which is half the money the government wanted to inject (they’re constrained by the EU).
- Gifting Hyatt free night awards
- 2500 SkyMiles for making a free change to a Delta flight
- New Peppa Pig theme park will open in Florida next year
- The Maldives is courting controversy by welcoming influencers during the pandemic but tourists mostly don’t spend any time in the capital outside of the airport, and just about the only time indoors is in your own room. Resorts are on their own islands. Risk isn’t zero, workers do travel from those islands (where they often stay for extended periods) into local communities. But the (relatively small population) country has had fewer than 20,000 cases and as of this writing just 62 deaths. Tourism is 28% of the country’s economy. (HT: @crucker)