You can fly Delta premium economy on their new Airbus A350 for $879 roundtrip to Asia. Premium economy is like first class on domestic flights, plus a foot rest and extra perks. It makes the long journey to Asia much for palatable.
This fare is available from Boston to Beijing and lets you fly a nicer product for the price of being crammed into coach. It’s available for slightly more from Atlanta, too, and possibly other cities as well.
Flying to China right now is one of the best deals in air travel because there are simply too many flights from the U.S..
Here’s a sample fare:
You would often pay the same or more than this for coach, for instance:
Key details of fare basis GLX77PPD:
- Travel permitted Monday through Thursday in each direction
- Allowable dates to Beijing are December 25 through February 19 or March 5 through April 29
- Allowable return dates January 16 through February 7, February 19 through June 30, September 8 through September 20, or October 3 through end of schedule
- 7 day advance purchase required and 7 night minimum trip
- Tickets must be issued by December 31 but the fare may not be available that long
Be sure you’re flying Delta’s A350 to ensure the cabin offers premium economy. There are several options for where to credit the miles.
(HT: Nick Reyes)