I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel housekeeper: “We try to disinfect everything. But we can’t do it the way we want to because we got 13 other rooms to do.”
- Since the Iberia Visa Signature® Card has an offer to earn up to 100,000 bonus Avios, and because British Airways Avios can be moved into active Iberia accounts, it’s worth knowing the best opportunities in the Iberia program.
- Purell hand sanitizer is available again at Amazon.
- Equifax white paper on synthetic identity fraud (HT: Doctor of Credit) I’ve explained the step by step of how people commit credit card fraud before.
- The doctor who claimed to have gotten COVID-19 on a plane through this eyes turns out never to have actually gotten it.
- Southwest Airlines says passenger numbers need to triple to avoid furloughs
- Iran says incompetence caused them to shoot down the Ukraine International Airlines jet at the beginning of January.
- Danni Minogue got to skip Australia’s government quarantine and hang out at home instead I’d have had no idea who she was, except she was the celebrity Etihad used to introduce their First Apartment product back in 2014.