News and notes from around the interweb:
- 25% bonus on American Express Membership Rewards transfers to Air France KLM Flying Blue through April 29. I had to log in to see it, so possible it’s targeted. (HT: IadisGr8)
- Marriott is adding 50,000 loyalty program members a day and says they’re up to 125 million.
- Cathay Pacific will mine personal data to provide a more customized business class service I am skeptical this will mark huge change because business class is still a mass product.
- The American Express Centurion lounge Seattle has re-opened.
- American Express will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for their New York JFK Terminal 4 Centurion lounge on Wednesday. I’d have hoped they’d have started construction by now. It’s been over a year since the lounge was announced.
Credit: American Express
- What’s really happening to your airport recycling? It used to get shipped off to China and then shipped back in the form of new products. Now it may be going to a landfill, or getting burned.
Memphis airport plans on “keeping its recycling bins in place to preserve ‘the culture’ of recycling among passengers and employees,” in the hope actual recycling will resume at some future point.