News and notes from around the interweb:
- Fantastic post. I agree 100%.
- Expedia cancelling discounted hotel bookings based on made-up terms and conditions. Maybe we should re-direct our ire and accusations of bad conduct away from the United Denmark fare, and to what would appear to be actual bad behavior..
- 3 Southwest roundtrips earn Atlanta residents a companion pass
- When an airline promises ‘a major announcement’ it usually means nothing.
- A gambling resort will be coming to Seoul’s Incheon airport. (HT: Alan H.)
- My thoughts on the Expedia-Orbitz deal, via Associated Press
Gary Leff, a travel blogger and co-founder of frequent flier discussion website MilePoint, said for most consumers, the deal won’t make a big difference. He recommends that consumers use online travel agencies to comparison-shop, but unless there’s a reason — such as an itinerary that includes more than airline — it’s better to book directly with the airline or hotel.
That way, if you need to change a trip or there is some other problem, “it’s a whole lot easier dealing just with the airline than with the airline and an online agency,” he said.
Leff said the industry is evolving, and the winning companies will be those who develop the best mass technology for catering to an individual consumer’s preferences — not just finding the cheapest flight.
Watch what you wish for ….The over entitled are a main clientele of boardingarea.com and the people who click those affiliate links
Don’t pat yourself on the back too hard with that press clipping.
Really tired of your snide comments mark, time for you to go crawl under something and stop reading here. The rest of us would appreciate it, thanks!