News and notes from around the interweb:
- Lufthansa Miles and More is offering a status match to Alitalia Millemiglia elites.
- I was reminded today that United has a process for sharing information with other airlines when you request a status match from them. I really think they should disclose they’re going to share your personal information in this way when you request a match from them.
- The CEO of Red Ventures, which owns The Points Guy, Lonely Planet and many other brands, has signed the Bill Gates ‘Giving Pledge’ and will give away at least half his wealth which is estimated at over $2 billion.
- TSA Offers Peek Inside Underground Security Network at DFW Airport
- Post-renovation, the Hilton Athens will become a Conrad
- Amtrak suspends its vaccine mandate
- Choice of inflight music matters. A flight attendant on American Airlines once landed us to The Commodores, Brick House. But I’ll take a takeoff to Kenny Loggins…
Back in 2015-16 by the way American Airlines had pretty good boarding and deplaning tunes. I realize I miss that.