News and notes from around the interweb:
- British Airways New York JFK: first class check-in, new first class lounge, and Concorde Room
- Airport caterer LSG may face a strike at London Heathrow May 22-26 affecting Qatar Airways, Qantas, American, Etihad and Singapore.
- Hilton overtakes Marriott as world’s most valuable hotel brand,
- Air Canada Jazz collision with a fuel truck injured 3 passengers
Update Pilot Audio requesting emergency equipment after @AirCanada Jazz #AC8615 collided with a fuel truck while taxiing to their gate in Toronto. @Peel_Paramedics transported 4 people to local hospitals. @PearsonFire4382 @TorontoPearson pic.twitter.com/Xtm1OcqQww
— Tom Podolec Aviation (@TomPodolec) May 10, 2019
- Rapper Drake has a Boeing 767 dubbed ‘Air Drake’
- Passengers serenade a retiring American Airlines pilot.
Talk about a touching moment. Our customers surprised Captain Hostomsky with a lofty serenade on his retirement flight from Budapest to @PHLAirport this afternoon. Thank you for your 33 years of service with @AmericanAir! pic.twitter.com/dXMwvK18RG
— Andrew W. Trull (@AndrewTrull) May 10, 2019