New and notes from around the interweb:
- The British Airways Galleries First lounge (i.e. the BA Gold and oneworld emerald lounge) at London Heathrow has a ‘beach bar’ on the terrace until October 2.
Galleries First Terrace
- New technology can pair customer service calls with the call center employee best-equipped to handle them, including by sensing the frustration in your voice. Brands may wait until you’re super frustrated to offer you any compensation or make their best offer, and take profitability scores into account when they finally do.
- Singapore Airlines now gives unlimited free wifi to first class passengers, 100mb free to business class and PPS Club elites.
- Wait, Citi transfer partner Turkish Airlines now lets you book Star Alliance awards online? It’s glitchy, much of the time you’ll still want to call, but remember that you can transfer points to Turkish and book domestic one way flights on United – even to Hawaii – for just 7500 miles. This includes connecting flights, even from the East Coast. First class is 12,500 miles.
- When Emirates introduces premium economy next year they may let passengers select from business class meals.
- Diners Club in the U.S. is losing several benefits and adding others. No more concierge service, baggage delay or price protection. It picks up Mastercard cell phone protection and Postmates discount.