New and notes from around the interweb:
- No notice Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles 20% devaluation (use Google translate). Citi losing them as a transfer partner is feeling less bad.
- DEA Agents Ambush and Search Amtrak Passengers One Amtrak secretary made nearly $1 million telling the DEA which passengers they should target.
- The Definitive Guide to Airplane Etiquette (some NSFW language)
Don’t fly an airline where your checked bags might cost more than your seat.
..If you get stuck with a middle seat, take the next flight.
…Louis Vuitton in Economy class. No matter how you look at it, your priorities are screwed up.
- Korean Air allowing office workers to dress casually
- Report that paid food and beverage options in American Airlines Admirals Clubs are being reimbursed by American Express Platinum airline credit (for those who have selected American as their airline of choice). Here are my suggestions among their paid wine choices.
Delta offers some interesting paid options (United has paid options, too), presumably these will similarly reimburse but I’ll be interested in data points.
- Interjet Warns of ‘Technical Bankruptcy’ Amid Tax Feud