News notes from around the interweb:
- Why the A350-1000 is a Better Fit For Qantas ‘Project Sunrise’ Than the Boeing 777X. Available Boeing aircraft is too large and likely not to meet Qantas’ schedule.
- Pilot procedure confusion adds new complication to Boeing 737 MAX return. American has the MAX back in its April schedule because re-certification isn’t expected until February.
- If you’re not already a Marriott member you can get a free night after two stays.
- Turkish Airlines has been leaving most passenger baggage behind in Nigeria and the government may kick the airline out unless it’s willing to fly aircraft that can handle the business.
- Edwards Air Force Base Released Video Showing Chuck Yeager Losing Control Of – And Crashing – An NF-104A in 1963
- Metro to Washington Dulles isn’t even open yet – and the station won’t actually be right at the airport but a bit of a schlep away – and already Maryland wants to raise fares on Dulles trip because it’s “a premium service for our foreign visitors and people traveling.” They don’t want to wait to see what ridership levels look like before discouraging ridership.