News and notes from around the interweb:
- Here are the questions Emirates asks flight attendants in their initial job interview
- Travel tips from a Victoria’s Secret model she’s right about rolling your clothes..
- Lufthansa is replacing the CEO of Brussels Airlines with one of their own executives (in German) and intends to integrate the carrier with its low cost subsidiary Eurowings. (HT: Fotograaf)
Within the company it can be heard that Gustin would be succeeded by the current commercial director, Christina Förster. The German came over from Lufthansa in 2016.
Bernard Gustin could stay on until the end of March.
..Everything revolves around the precise integration of Brussels Airlines into Lufthansa’s low-cost subsidiary Eurowings. Gustin wants to maintain Brussels Airlines’ hybrid model with cheap flights in Europe and long-haul flights to Africa. But Lufthansa wants to force his Belgian daughter into the cheap straitjacket of Eurowings.
- Club Carlson hotel category changes go into effect March 1 with slightly more hotels going down in category than going up (HT: Loyalty Traveler)
- Corruption probe of oneworld airline SriLankan they were profitable until they terminated a deal where Emirates managed the airline, that there’s corruption at the carrier is almost a given but it’s new political leadership taking shots of the last one, chants of ‘lock her up’.
- Overview of current dining signup bonuses
- The Onion: United Airlines Cracking Down On Emotional Support Spouses
“We’ve received numerous complaints of ill-behaved significant others who were loud, took up entire seats, and even threatened other passengers. …United Airlines also confirmed that the rule change would not affect caged spouses traveling in cargo.