News notes from around the interweb:
- Really cool data, Kayak’s search trends by day, international vs. domestic, destination and more. You can see where people are searching for travel and how much searching they’re doing.
- Roundup of COVID-19 airline refund class action lawsuits (HT: Allan H.)
- Thailand will spend $722 million to subsidize domestic trips for health care workers
- Hilton is laying off 2100 people (22% of corporate workforce) and extending 90 day furloughs another 90 days for others.
- Rebuilding After Crisis: JetBlue’s 2007 Valentine’s Day Disaster (WSJ)
- The bandits and marauders at industry group IATA want more airline subsidies and they don’t want stinkin’ loans, either.
Continued financial assistance in ways that do not increase industry debt levels which have risen sharply. Some governments are exploring measures including subsidizing domestic operations and waiving airport and air traffic control charges.
- Honeywell Offers to Kill Viruses on Aircrafts in 10 Minutes for $10