News and notes from around the interweb:
- Wyndham is looking for a new Senior Director of Loyalty to manage the program.
- The European Union will test some airline crew on arrival for alcohol
- Hyatt Centric coming to downtown Austin next year with 8th floor outdoor lounge.
- He hasn’t smoked in decades. But Hertz is hitting him with a $400 smoking fee
- Hawaiian Airlines introduces reciprocal points transfers with Boyd Gaming B Connected Since Amex points transfer to Hawaiian, they also transfer by extension to the gaming program.
While HawaiianMiles isn’t a very good program, they’ve been surprisingly innovative recently, for instance they were the first airline loyalty program to let you redeem miles for a Covid-19 test.
- The Points Guy sent team members on a cruise to see whether they’d catch Covid. I guess with 100 full time staff, some are expendable?
- Government sells 51% stake in post-bankruptcy South African Airways