News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott All-Inclusive Resorts Are Now Bookable Using Points
- United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby wanted to require all of his employees to get vaccinated. He even contemplated vaccinated-only seating sections for passengers but says the government wouldn’t allow it.
Nonetheless United has made an agreement with pilots not to make them get vaccinated against Covid-19. Of course there will likely be trips that the most senior pilots, who fly long haul international routes, will be unable to fly due to requirements at the destination which may even apply to airline crew.
- Targeted Southwest Airlines promotion offering a choice of 3x points, 10,000 companion pass points, or 10,000 elite points for flights booked and flown between May 24 and July 31, 2021. A single flight earns the elite or companion pass bonus while 3x applies to all flights taken during the promo period.
I wish I was targeted for this one. I have several Southwest Airlines flights already booked. With no change fees, I’d go look to see whether I could rebook (since the offer applies only to new bookings) without increasing the price.
- If Belarus gets away with it, other dictators will force down planes and abduct opponents too (Atlantic)
- Star Alliance carrer ANA’s big bet on drones (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Philippine Airlines is miffed that they have to move to the midfield satellite concourse at the LAX Tom Bradley Terminal and say they have a disproportionately large share of wheelchair passengers but the true is the extra schlepp is just a pain for everyone, but someone has to fly from there.