News and notes from around the interweb:
- This gave me a chuckle when I heard it at the gate yesterday.
Gate agent just announced the best way to go viral on tiktok is to refuse to wear a mask and find out what happens
— gary leff (@garyleff) November 18, 2021
- The pilot shortage is real.
Have you heard the news? We excited to announce our new bonus program for Direct-Entry Captains – $50,000 sign on bonus is available for all Direct-Entry Captains with at least 1,000 hours of applicable 121 or 135 experience (FAR 121.436) who are looking to begin flying with us! pic.twitter.com/DCRrlyqgbe
— CommutAir | Regional Airline (@FlyCommutAir) November 10, 2021
- Doug Parker is punching air. From the Denver airport yesterday. Also, the bartender at Pappas Burgers at Houston Hobby today to the woman sitting next to me, “would you like another glass of wine to go?” as she closed out her tab.
- Two new Platinum Card design options to be revealed December 1
- There’s actually no evidence 5G rollout hurts aviation communications
- Boeing field destroys an old 727 – instead of allowing it to be sent to a museum