News and notes from around the interweb:
- “3, 2, 1… Now!” The story behind Heathrow’s parallel runway take-off
- Sydney airport sells for $17 billion (HT: @crucker)
This offer (registration required) will actually get me to use my premium Marriott Amex card for spend (but only for Paypal checkout), rather than just keeping it for the annual credit, elite nights and free night.
Earn 10 Marriot Bonvoy points per dollar on eligible purchases when you checkout with PayPal at eligible merchants using your enrolled Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, up to 50,000 bonus points through 12/31/2021.1
That’s 8 additional points on top of the points you already earn with your Card for eligible purchases.
- China banned flight tracking app FlightRadar24 first they came for effeminate men, then they came for the AvGeeks. Ok, the effeminite men were hardly first.
- American Airlines should do this. They’d earn back premium flight attendant pay and meet the vaccine mandate at the same time.
In Greece, antivaxxers have been paying doctors 400 euros to give them shots of bacteriostatic water instead of th #COVID19 vaccine.
Except the doctors have been pocketing the money and giving them the real shot anyway: https://t.co/cAX9fbmDW6
— Kellen Squire (@SquireForYou) November 6, 2021
- Man caught trying to sneak into Alaska Airlines lounge at New York JFK