News and notes from around the interweb:
- Looks like the flight attendant who is a dead ringer for Meghan Markle is still flying for JetBlue.
- Six places hidden cameras can be concealed in your hotel room
@esthersturrus Replying to @signor More tips?🤓 #hiddencamera #hotel #hotelroom #myklmmoment #klm #klmcrew #crewklm #klmairlines #klmroyaldutchairlines #flightattendant #stewardess #workingmode #cabincrew #cabincrewlife #cabincrewgirls #flightattendantlife #aviationlife #aviation #uniform #royalbue #trend #viral #viralvideo #fyp ♬ 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
- TWA’s pig names for its 727s (HT: Jon NYC)
Apparently TWA had names for 727’s. Pig names. pic.twitter.com/5lzCAXrHWG
— Ryan Spellman (@JustJettingThru) May 21, 2023
- U.K. Labour Party’s shadow chancellor criticized the Tories for luxury travel and then tweeted out flying BA business class
- Anyone want Heathrow slots? South African Airways has some, but doesn’t have the aircraft they’d need in order to use them. Meanwhile the airline expects the South African government to introduce regulations that would protect it from foreign competitors.
- Indeed, air travel symbolism matters.
Chinese social media was charmed in 2011 when the US ambassador was photographed carrying his own backpack and ordering coffee – the everyday person.
The new US ambassador is photographed flying economy. https://t.co/D8aDqepZ8M
— Will Horton (@winglets747) May 22, 2023
Yeah, and I’m a dead ringer for George Clooney.
A US Airways flight attendant once asked me if I was Jared from Subway.
Just so long as she doesn’t claim she was chased up and down the airplane aisle for 2 hours, don’t care.
More like Emily Compagno
Thing 1, I tell people I have a George Clooney beard — but a Martin Mull mustache.