News and notes from around the interweb:
- Not enough time to shower in first class:will go double daily A380 on the 211 mile Muscat – Dubai route starting July 1, in addition to a Boeing 777.
- New Alaska Visa benefits: rebate on flight spending and 50% discount purchasing lounge day passes (must purchase in person and use same day, limits an aftermarket or gifting).
- Uber lost another billion dollars last quarter our rides are probably too cheap, and the market more competitive than you may think.
- Woman shuffled 54 credit cards to go on a $20 million shopping spree at Harrods. No word on whether she’ll have to forfeit the miles, too. (HT: @edwardhchan)
Documents disclosed to the BBC have revealed how a woman married to a jailed banker managed to spend £16m in Harrods without raising suspicions.
Zamira Hajiyeva, currently fighting the UK’s first Unexplained Wealth Order (UWO), used 54 credit cards – many of which were linked to her husband’s bank – to go on a massive spending spree in the west London department store over a decade.
Mrs Hajiyeva risks losing her £15m home near Harrods – plus a Berkshire golf course worth millions more on top – if she fails to explain the source of her wealth to the High Court.
Her husband is serving a 15-year sentence in their native Azerbaijan for stealing millions from his state-controlled bank.
- Why don’t hotels run out of hot water? (Except when they run out of water completely.)
- Daniel M. reminds that British Airways still serves complimentary food and beverages in economy for European flights in and out of London City airport. And business class doesn’t even get lounge access at London City, or a blocked middle seat with regional jets lacking middle seats to begin with (but does get hot meals).
I am on BA7304 from Milan Linate to London City airport. ..[I] generally avoid the expensive and bland Marks & Spencer’s food and beverages. However, we were offered complimentary meal and beverage service. We have a choice of a chicken sandwich or couscous with a roll and small salad. Non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks were complimentary as well.
I’m on an Embraer 190SR, with about 100 on board and only 2 crew. They were exhausted trying to keep up and said that they are understaffed on flights to London City LCY airport.
- New departure, transfer, and arrival meet and greet service available at Dallas Fort-Worth airport