News notes from around the interweb:
- Dallas Fort-Worth E Satellite Admirals Club (American’s 5th club at DFW) is now open. Charlotte, which is headed to 700 flights a day, desperately needs a third club…
Credit: American Airlines
- Police Say 15 Year Old Went Through TSA PreCheck With a Drink Coupon According to police a 15 year old girl who had been reported missing last Thursday was found on Friday at the Orlando airport: “used a drink coupon she found on the floor at Orlando International Airport to pass through the TSA security checkpoint.”
She then told officers she found a drink coupon on the floor and used it to get through the TSA precheck security checkpoint, the report said.
The TSA disagrees with police statements. They say she used a valid boarding pass, not a drink chit. Children under 18 don’t have to show ID to go through TSA, so if she picked up a boarding pass that belonged to someone else she’d have been able to go through the checkpoint.
- Ryanair is now Europe’s largest airline
Copyright: trevorbenbrook / 123RF Stock Photo
- 737 MAX could cut half a percent off U.S. 2020 GDP
- More than half of Americans believe airline customer service is in decline, not just bad but actually getting worse.
- Delta says they need a mediator to make progress on a pilot contract