News and notes from around the interweb:
- British Airways is expanding Jaguar transfers at London Heathrow. Delta uses Porsche, American Cadillac, and United Mercedes.
- Hyatt is buying wellness Brand Exhale many people will know it as the spa provider in the Dallas and Miami Centurion lounges. Apparently Hyatt wasn’t done helping you find your true north and cleanse your this and that with its acquisition of Miraval.
Miraval, credit: Hyatt
- Hotel occupancy, average daily rates, and revenue per available room are all up year over year
- British Airways will offer ‘restaurant-style’ dining at New York JFK starting September 1
- Sun Country plans fewer first class seats, fewer amenities in first, and to stuff more seats in back
- Russia, seeking to advantage domestic aircraft manufacturers, is considering eliminating tax breaks for importing foreign airliners
- AAVacations is offering 20,000 bonus miles for South America travel booked by September 30. (HT: Points Miles and More) I bring this up as a reminder that AAVacations is an amazing tool for cheap airfare, both discount business class tickets and also cheaper coach tickets when only expensive inventory is being offered directly by American.