News and notes from around the interweb:
- 24 Hours as an UberX driver. Worth a read. Relatedly, UberX cuts prices by 10% in Dallas.
- The Ultimate Guide to Booking Award Tickets Using American AAdvantage Miles needs to be updated to reflect that American’s partner Hawaiian Airlines cannot be combined with other airlines on a single award “to/from Central, South America or Transatlantic”… same source also flags that Cathay Pacific awards cannot be changed within four hours of flight.
- New discount airline launches between the US and UK in October, with prices currently from $545 roundtrip.
- An illegal video of Beijing using a drone
- A private jet with no windows that boasts panoramic views. A riddle wrapped inside an enigma…
- Qantas has been making big changes due to big losses. Still, they’re expected to lose ~ AU$700 million for its recently concluded year. As a result, it will try to find a billion dollars in cost cuts on international routes over the next three years. They may also spin off their frequent flyer program. (HT: @jayhawknj)