News and notes from around the interweb:
- Taxpayers are giving Marriott $60 million to move from one building in Bethesda, Maryland to another.
- United offered $2000 in travel vouchers to volunteers to give up their seat, and there weren’t many takers
- American Airlines added 13 new regional jet routes starting in spring such as once weekly Dallas-Flagstaff, six New York JFK – Philadelphia in order to bring JFK passengers to where the airline will actually have international flights, and six routes out of Chicago.
- This can’t end well.
- Top 10 Airplane Things You Don’t Know The Purpose Of (but note at 6m25s that sidesticks are characteristic of Airbus aircraft, while Boeing uses a yoke insteak).
- I was hoping for a Boeing 777-300ER so that first class passengers could access Miami’s Flagship First Dining and the one in Los Angeles.. but lie flat seats are certainly better than the exclusive narrowbodies American has been running on the route.
You'll notice there's a wide body back on LAX-MIA-LAX once a day (a 772) starting next June. Expect it to stick around.
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) December 17, 2017