News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Alaska Airlines partnership with Emirates ends July 31, 2021. That’s not surprising since they’re now partners with Qatar Airways.
- Mid-air collision with no fatalities (HT: Justin P)
- 25% bonus on points transfers from Brex to Avianca LifeMiles through July 2.
- Australia could begin a pilot in 6 to 8 weeks to allow vaccinated Australians to travel abroad and then test out of quarantine on return (HT: Don W)
- Why Nigerians are reluctant to fly
- Air India has to rehire 41 pilots who quit – and then changed their minds
- 25% bonus transferring American Express Membership Rewards to Hawaiian Airlines through June 30. Not the most valuable program but could work out alright if there’s saver premium cabin availability between the U.S. mainland and Hawaii that you’re looking to book.