News and notes from around the interweb:
- United’s new domestic interior 37 inch pitch in first, 34 inch pitch in Economy Plus, and 30 inches in regular coach. First and extra legroom offer one more inch than American, coach is the same, not generous but a lot more extra legroom seats to escape into.
Beyond seat back entertainment, the good thing here is that elites shouldn’t have to find themselves stuck in 30 inch pitch very often.
- Though the U.K. is on the cusp of removing its mask mandate airlines are expected to keep theirs in place. Most U.K. departures, after all, are international and the places they’d be flying have mandates still in place. Plus what company wants to appear to be irresponsible as the first-mover?
- Emirates has re-opened its Concourse B first class lounge in Dubai seeing first class lounges back open is a bright spot in my day!
- Class action lawsuit against Spirit Airlines they kept selling early boarding as an add-on, even though they knew they weren’t honoring this during Covid (since they had a back-to-front boarding regime).
- She found a used condom in her rental car. Hertz hit her with a cleaning fee Sounds like Hertz.
- American Airlines thinks it is still overstaffed.. imagine if there were no FAA minimums!
Unpaid Voluntary Leaves of Absence (VLOAs) are being offered for August 2021 to DFW, LAX, LGA, MIA and ORD-Based Flight Attendants.
Bidding for the August unpaid VLOA will close tomorrow, Wednesday, July 7 at 1200 (CDT).