News and notes from around the interweb:
- Get vacation discounts for having more sex
- The deal with the Department of Justice to allow Alaska Airlines to acquire Virgin America was actually hammered out in mid-October with the Justice Department taking 6 weeks to finalize.
- Expert Flyer has added support for Etihad, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia award space — meaning you can not only search for space, but get email alerts when it opens up. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
Etihad A380 First Apartment
- A week ago Iran Air signed a deal for Boeing aircraft and now they’ve confirmed an Airbus order for even more planes however it does not include A380s that were part of the provisional deal struck at the beginning of the year because of course there’s no rational reason why Iran Air should operate A380s.
- The pilots at Amazon.com’s airline are advertising that they may not deliver packages on time. This seems short-sighted. If the investment isn’t wasted, it drives down purchase volume and reduces the need for pilot jobs. (HT: Bryan A.)
- Here’s how deregulation of air cargo makes it possible for you to get your online Christmas present orders (“Twas the Overnight Before Christmas: The Merry Tale of Air Cargo Deregulation”)