Star Alliance member Avianca’s LifeMiles program is selling miles with a 145% bonus (so 1.35 cents apiece) through November 27.
This time it’s not a tiered offer, it’s a straight-up bonus. You can buy up to 200,000 miles.
LifeMiles is a fantastic Star Alliance program.
- No fuel surcharges
- Reasonable award chart
Not all connections are bookable, you’re pretty much limited to the options you see on their redemption website (which is serviceable) and telephone customer service is challenging (e-mail is better). I’m a fan of the program and have a few hundred thousand miles there myself.
This is about the lowest LifeMiles regularly sells miles for. They’ve certainly had lower targeted offers, and once or twice gotten the price down a few more basis points, but it’s close to as good as it gets.
Still I’d only buy with a specific use in mind because they do offer deals on purchased miles regularly.
Key terms and conditions:
- The bonus for this promotion is 2×1 + 45% additional miles. The bonus is calculated based on the miles purchased per individual transaction without taking into account the 2×1 bonus.
- Promotion applies exclusively for members who have received this email directly from LifeMiles.
- The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000.
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1,000 LifeMiles.
- The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion to receive the bonus showed above is 200,000 LifeMiles if the Member has not purchased miles in 2017 or 200,000 LifeMiles minus the miles previously purchased by the Member in 2017.
- The Member may purchase miles outside of the limits showed above but in such case the transactions will be processed but no bonuses will be granted.
- The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member per calendar year outside of this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles (including miles purchased and bonuses received). If the member surpasses the limit, through purchases made during this promotion and other purchases in 2017, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, he or she will not be able to purchase any more miles until the next calendar year.
- Each package of 1,000 LifeMiles costs USD $33.00 without applicable taxes and USD $40.26* including applicable taxes according to correspondence country registered in the LifeMiles database**
- This promotion applies for miles purchases made between November 20th and November 27th, 2017 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador).