Hyatt just announced their new promotion and it’s surprisingly good. February 15 – May 15 members earn 1000 bonus points per night (1500 bonus points at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place brands) starting with your second stay. Award nights earn this points, so it’s like a built-in discount on award redemption. Registration is required.
- The bonus applies to Hyatt stays and also MGM M life Rewards and participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties.
- Earn is capped at 50 nights during the promotion period. So if you’re doing 50 nights after your first stay during the next three months you have my – but not Hyatt’s – sympathies.
At a value of 1.4 cents per point this is worth $14 per night at most Hyatt brands and $21 per night at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House.
For average spend of $200 per night this is like double points for your second stay. As long as you spend less than $200 per night on your stays this is a better than double points offer. And that’s before you get the Hyatt Place/Hyatt House add-on bonus.
For average spend of $100 per night at a Hyatt House or Hyatt Place hotel this amounts to quadruple points (starting with your second stay).
- Normally $100 per night spend would earn 500 points per night(excluding elite bonuses)
- You’d earn an extra 1000 for the night
- And an extra 500 points for the brand
- For 2000 total points per night instead of 500.
Since points-earning is usually based on spend, fixed bonus points per night are always stronger offers for low average spend customers. Regardless this strikes me as a better offer than we’ve seen from Hyatt in awhile, and in my view the best chain promotion currently in the market.
The strange thing about this promotion? It has no name. I’d always prefer a good promotion over a promo with a clever name, and most don’t have clever names — I miss Hyatt’s ‘Faster Free Nights’ and Northwest Airlines’ ‘Fly Free Faster’ but we don’t really need things like Double Up, More Miles, or More Ways to Earn. Still I don’t recall too many ‘promotions that shall not be named’.
He Who Shall Not Be Named
- All eligible nights under this promotion must be during stays completed between February 15 and May 15, 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
- Beginning on your second eligible stay, you will receive 1,000 Bonus Points per eligible night at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations and Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels.
- Maximum 50,000 Bonus Points may be earned during Promotion Period.
- Hyatt Place and Hyatt House additional bonus: Beginning on your second eligible stay during the Promotion Period, you will receive an additional 500 Bonus Points per eligible night at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels during the Promotion Period.
- An additional maximum 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels during Promotion Period.
- All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points. (GL: Do not count towards lifetime status)
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
- Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying stay for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.